Thursday, March 26, 2009

There's more than one kind of "green" that's good for the economy...

"Supporting tailgate markets now makes more sense than ever." Editorial, Asheville Citizen-Times. 26 March 2009.

I was back at the AC-T this week, where I had the opportunity to not only read some amazing and insane letters, but also to do a bit of writing. I really enjoyed writing this editorial; it's on a subject pretty near and dear to my heart (who doesn't like fresh vegetables?) and makes a really important point, I think-- if you want to see change in your local economy, change the way you spend your money.

Thanks again to the excellent editors (Hi Dave! Hi Jim!) in the Editorial department at the AC-T for indulging me and making my writing better.

1 comment:

Kate said...

This is cool. Somehow when I read the headline, I thought it was about a market for tailgate parties or why it made sense to follow closely when driving. "Tailgate markets" sound exactly like the "farmers' markets" I've been to at home. I like your editorial!