Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Reasons to celebrate


Before Friday, I have to write a book review and a 5-page paper on Teotihuacan influence on the Classic Maya, give a Spanish presentation on Borges, and prepare for a Spanish as a Second Language exam. Even so, there are still reasons to celebrate being alive on this wacky planet, such that it is.

a) The video for Lady Gaga's new single. While not as good as that of "Paparazzi," it may or may not feature Lady Gaga being sold as a sex slave to Russians in a pristine white environment that looks like a mental hospital/the set of THX-1138. And that's enough for me, even if she is ripping off Madonna.

b) The beginning of "America's Next Great Pundit," the Washington Post's new plan to ruin their integrity after the salon scheme. It's like reality TV for people like me! I am disappointed by the lack of white supremacists on the cast, though. And I would be lying if I said I didn't wish I had applied, although I think being an Ivy Leaguer would not go nearly as far in a pundritry competition as it appears to do in America's Next Top Model.

c) Imogen Heap's cover of "Thriller". Possibly even more epic than the video of Filipino prisoners doing the dance to the aforementioned song.

I can't decide which is most epic. Back to talud-tablero architecture.

No comments: