Thursday, January 22, 2009

Clearing the Air

"Thornburg got it right with ruling on TVA pollution." Editorial, Asheville Citizen-Times, 22 January 2009.

I may have returned to Brown, but I'm still managing to write at the AC-T in spirit. Actually, I finished this editorial on my last day and it just now ran. This one was tough for me to write, because I knew almost nothing about coal power when I began. I'm really glad I had the opportunity to write this-- I wouldn't have done as much research about what is a really important issue. So now I know about coal. Hooray!

Still working on my editorial voice. For some reason, I'm less folksy and snarky when I'm writing as an editorial board. The editors at the AC-T were very patient with me and gave me good edits for this, as always.

No comments: